3 November 2010

The next tube strike in London


 
Tube commuters in London were forced to use overfilled buses and trains because many tube station were closed this morning.

A commuter on Northwick park tube station said :
“I don’t know what they want! Why I could not go to my work because of them?!”

The new tube strike has paralyzed the train traffic in the core of the UK capital. The Central and Circle lines are both suspended. There is a "special service" in operation on District, Hammersmith and City, Jubilee, Metropolitan, Northern and Victoria lines.

“It seems to me they do it every month! I couldn’t imagine that my colleges would stop their jobs so often. Actually, I don’t think they will get demanded result” – a commuter on Canton tube station.

Lose jobs

The members of transport unions are protesting about  the loss of 800 jobs, mainly for ticket office staff. More than 100 thousand people took part in the strike this time. But some tube workers do not agree with their colleges. 

“You see, I’m on my work place now. I’m not a member of transport union and don’t intend to join them. I don’t want to explain it. It’s my choice! “ – a tube worker on Canton tube station.

Another tube strike is planned on December.


No comments:

Post a Comment